Friday, August 10, 2007

Backwards Circle On A Fixie

I don't ride my fixie as much as I used to, now that I'm getting into longer distance rides and climbs like Cougar Mountain - but sometimes I break out my old miyata (converted) fixed gear bike and go for a spin. I'll never get tired of the tricks that you can do on fixies (with some practice, of course): track stands, backwards circles, and more.

Here's an old vid (from a year or so ago) of me doing a backwards circle on my miyata fixie, soon after I learned the trick:



I recently perfected trackstands on a freewheeled bike, I'll have to get that vid up here soon... haven't seen that one on youtube yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff! I wish I could do this.

I've only attempted it a couple times, but I guess I was actually trying to just ride backwards in a line thinking that would be easier. I guess I should try the circle approach first.