Tuesday, December 25, 2007

It Snowed Today!

The snowflakes got larger and larger, and eventually stuck! We don't get a whole lot of snow out here in Sea-town, so I don't get many chances to try out snow-riding, which is always an adventure.

The route today was just the 1-mile round trip to the store on Broadway & back. But when there's an inch or two of snow on the ground, riding your fixie to the store can be quite the challenge. I was sure to keep my speed down, and take the corners way easy. The hardest part about riding in a snow storm was dealing with it in your face! A bandana would've been nice..

My rain/snow/beater miyata did just fine, although the slush was kicking up around the front fender, I need to extend the flap a little:

No falls, and I got to bust a backwards ciricle in the snow! Gotta love Seattle's interesting weather.

No comments: